The Scary Reason Your Favorite Sargento Cheeses Are Being Recalled
Sargento is recalling several of its cheese products due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The Wisconsin-based company released a statement about the scary recall, writing,
Food safety is our number one priority at Sargento. We are vigilantly monitoring this issue to ensure the situation will be resolved in a timely manner. Our unwavering commitment to safety is at the core of everything we do at Sargento. We are in full cooperation with the federal Food and Drug Administration to rigorously investigate and resolve this issue.
A total of seven of Sargento cheeses are included in the recall, as noted below:
- Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese
- Sargento Off the Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese
- Sargento Off the Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese
To find out if any of your Sargento products have been recalled, use the “Search Product” tool on the Sargento website, and then be sure to toss those cheeses in the trash bin as a safety precaution.